Monday, May 5, 2014

Blog Neglect and other Meanderings

I'm back!

Just in time for the provincial election , which looks like one where voter participation and policy will matter a great deal.

I've been quite busy lately having two jobs, including one I'm very excited about-having accepted employment in a fire related job at an Ontario college with the best fire training students could hope for, along with a completely different job elsewhere on the side for that all important extra money. (OSAP repayment is a painful reminder of school days)

Along with my actual jobs- there's my volunteer work with the Red Cross in Disaster Management. I've been doing lots of training, learning and reading. A major source of support across the world, the Red Cross is an organization I highly recommend to any of you with an interest in helping others, possible deployment to other countries, and most importantly a great team of other caring individuals  wanting to make a difference like you!


On my twitter feed, you will still find my focus on the crisis unravelling in Ukraine on a daily basis. I remain concerned, as we all should, about the fact that democracy, respect for human rights, and international law is being trampled. The May 2 fire in Odessa which claimed over 40 lives is disheartening.

On to democracy in Ontario!

I'll be monitoring provincial election happenings, in particular in Sarnia-Lambton and Lambton-Kent-Middlesex. I hope you'll follow along as I attempt to provide some interesting coverage of the candidates, the issues and voters thoughts in the area. Maybe I will see you at various events.

Tomorrow's blog will provide links to the Sarnia-Lambton and Lambton-Kent-Middlesex candidates, along with party websites and other useful information to get things started.  

 Happy Campaigning.



No comments:

Post a Comment